One minute test for Osteoporosis
- Do you have a family member diagnosed with osteoporosis or fracture after a minor fall?
- Have you ever had a fracture after a minor fall?
- Have you taken steroid tablets for more than 3 months?
- Have you lost height?
- Does your upper back look more rounded than normal?
- Do you weight < 50kg?
- Do you regularly drink excess alcohol?
- Do you smoke regularly?
- Did you undergo menopause before the age of 45?
- Have your periods stopped for 12 months or more (other than because of pregnancy)?
This could be osteoporosis. Consult a Rheumatologist. Delay can cause fracture and disability.