Take the Lupus test
”Lupus usually affects skin and joints, but it may involve organs such as the heart and kidney. If this happens then the effects can be severe”.
- Have you ever had painful/swollen joints for >3 months?
- Do your fingers/toes become pale, numb or uncomfortable in the cold?
- Have you ever had any sores in your mouth for >2 weeks?
- Have you ever been told that you have a low blood count – anemia, low white cell count or a low platelet count?
- Have you ever had a redness or color change on your face in the shape of a butterfly?
- Have you ever had an unexplained fever for more than a few days?
- Have you ever had sensitivity to the sun where your skin “breaks out” after being in the sun?
- Have you ever had chest pain with breathing for more than a few days (pleurisy)?
- Have you ever been told you have protein in your urine?
- Have you experienced extreme fatigue/exhaustion for days or even weeks at a time even after 6–8 hours of restful sleep?
- Have you ever had unexplained seizure/convulsion?
This could be lupus….. Please consult a Rheumatologist if you have these symptoms.